Monday, September 30, 2013

Five Minute Face

If you only have five minutes to get your face on, you may not have time for your full routine.  You can still make yourself look presentable and naturally beautiful with just a few products.  Select multi-tasking products when possible to save yourself time.  If you want to see my quick and easy natural makeup look, keep reading!





 1.  When time is of the essence, BB cream packs a big punch.  Even though my skin is on the drier side, the Garnier Skin Renew BB Cream provides enough moisture that I can use it as a 2-in-1 moisturizer + foundation (it also provides SPF and can act as a primer... so I guess it's really more like a 4-in-1 product).  It gives nice, natural coverage, and I normally just use my fingers to apply it.  If you have oily skin, go for the oil free version.  BB creams are so big now that many companies make them.  If you have any major imperfections that the BB cream won't cover, add concealer where you need it.



2.  Brows are next.  If you're lucky enough to have naturally full eyebrows, you could probably skip this step.  For me, filling them in is essential.  I think full brows make any face appear more put-together (just compare the picture above with the one below to see what a difference it can make!).  I use Bobbi Brown Eyeshadow in the color Mahogany with an angled brush from this Essential Tools Kit from Walmart.  This brush deposits just the right amount of shadow and has a spoolie on the other side to blend the color.  I also like using the spoolie before I fill my brows in to comb through and tame them.



3.  Wearing mascara with no shadow or liner makes your eyes look so bright and awake.  I first curl them with my Sephora Eyelash Curler, then I add three thick coats of mascara (I used Mary Kay Lash Love, sold by Mary Kay reps) on my top lashes and just a little bit on my bottom lashes.  Especially if you're not wearing any other eye makeup, don't skimp on the mascara!  Go ahead and build it up like it's nobody's business.


4.  Apply a little bit of blush on the apples of your cheeks for a nice, healthy glow.  Here I used Bobbi Brown Blush in the color Desert Pink, but any soft pink blush would do.  If you have time for blush or bronzer but not both, always pick blush.  Use a big, fluffy brush for a natural flush.  I like the Real Techniques Blush Brush.



5.  Lips are last.  I tend to go for more neutral colors with this natural makeup look, and here I'm using MAC Lipstick in Creme Cup.

And that's it!  I didn't use cream blush in this look, but that's a great multi-tasking product that is quick and can work as both a blush and a lipstick.  If you have another minute or so and want to crank it up a notch, dip your finger into any light, shimmery eyeshadow and rub it underneath your brow bone and on top of your cheekbones for a nice highlight.




I hope you enjoyed this post, and feel free to leave your quick makeup tips down below!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I wish I looked good like you with such minimal makeup!

Christina Coleman said...

You'd look beautiful with minimal makeup!