Thursday, September 12, 2013

Changing Makeup with the Season: Fall

As we transition into fall, I find my tastes changing with everything from perfume to lipstick... and everything in between!  I don't know what it is, and I'm sure some of you can relate, but something about the colder weather makes me opt for warmer fragrances and richer colors.  Of course, there's no written rule about this.  If you want to rock the same colors all year long, go for it!  This is just what I love for fall.

Nails:
I tend to enjoy less bright and more deep, neutral, or taupe-colored polishes.  I got this one last fall, and it's one of my favorites.  It's from the OPI German Collection in the shade My Very First Knockwurst.






Eyes:
I love darker eyeshadows and smokey eyes this time of year.  These shadows are gorgeous and look beautiful on any skin color.  I enjoy wearing different combinations of them or even wearing them alone. Colors are:
Top left- NYX Single Eyeshadow in Charcoal Brown
Top right- Bare Minerals Glimmer Eyeshadw in Queen Tiffany
Bottom right- Urban Decay Shadow in Toasted from the Naked Palette
Bottom left- in Hustle from the Naked Palette



Blush:
Bright pinks and corals are great in the summer.  In the fall and winter, I like deeper colors. 
Top- Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge for Lips & Cheeks in Blushed Rose.  This is an awesome cream brush that you can also use as a lipstick!
Bottom- Bobbi Brown Blush in Desert Pink.  This is a great neutral pink.



Lips:
My favorite part!  The way I see it, you have a couple options.  You can either go neutral or bold.  (Rule of thumb: pick dark eyes or dark lips, but not both!  Go with neutral eyeshadow if you do a dark lip and vice versa).  One of my favorite things to do for fall is to throw my hair in a big bun and pair it with heavy black eyeliner and mascara (but no eyeshadow), a bold lip (Revlon Lip Butter in Lollipop--shown below):























Bright Favs: Revlon Super Lustrous Lipcolor in Love That Pink (left) and Revlon Color Burst Lip Butter in Lollipop (right)





Neutral Fav: MAC Lipstick in Creme Cup.  This is a gorgeous pinky nude that looks great with a dark smokey eye!


And finally... Body Mist and Perfume:
 I love warm, sweet-smelling body sprays like Bath & Body Works Fragrance Mist in Warm Vanilla Sugar and Victoria's Secret PINK Body Mist in Warm & Cozy.  These scents are almost like comfort food for your senses when you're depressed about the cold weather.  Yummm.

My favorite perfume for this time of year is Dior's Miss Dior.  O. M. G. This perfume smells so sophisticated, and every time I put it on, I imagine myself in Paris.




So those are my fall favorites!  What are yours?

No comments: